UI/UX design, graphic design, Branding, print work
Esportal.com is an online gaming platform for Counter Strike Global Offensive. Users can use the platform to create teams for matches, or compete in CS:GO tournaments.
I joined Esportal in 2014 as a freelance designer, before moving on to Doctype full time in 2017. I continued to consult for Esportal as the lead UI/UX and Graphic Designer until May 2022
I was also responsible for generating most graphic assets for Esportal.
- UI Assets such as section logos, medals, level badges and custom icons.
- Tournament graphics for branded tournaments
- Streaming assets for Twitch
- Broadcast graphics for tv screens at in-person events
- Social media graphics for twitter, instagram and facebook
- News thumbnails
Esportal has evolved from a simple matchmaking website into a complex multi-function platform.
Over the course of the last few years Esportal has gone through extensive redesign in collaboration with the development team.
The main components I designed included:
- Matchmaking – a system that matches players of the same rank for CS:GO matches. Users can do this through 3 different methods – Matchmaking, Gathers and Public Servers.
- Tournaments and Ladders – a major part of Esportal involves partnering with brands and esport teams to host competitive tournaments. See some examples of these campaigns.
- Ranking – users on Esportal compete to improve their ranking, win medals and gain levels.
- User Profile and Statistics – Esportal provides extensive stats to their users to compare their performance and results.
- Client – downloaded and used by users in order to connect to their Steam account so they can play.
Find more information about the UI/UX process for Esportal in the Case Study.